Thursday, February 26, 2009

Homework Term 1 Week 3

Word list
time mime lime crime slime lifetime bedtime
grime chime prime overtime playtime meantime sometime

1.Which of the LIST words contain smaller words that mean...?

that boy chime thin slime
edge slime grime crime

2.Write an interesting sentence containing: time, crime and grime.

Once upon a time there was a boy covered in grime which was
a crime.

3.Match the meanings with the list words:

time for bed bedtime
the time in between meantime
a citrus fruit or a calcium mixture lime
first prime
to ring out musically chime
acting with movements mime

4.Add y to these list words to form adjectives. The e must be dropped

grime grimy slime slimy

Word Building Make compound words using the word time and the clues below.
Overtime (extra work)
Lifetime(lasting for life)timekeeper(one who keeps time)Playtime(recreation period)
Time table

Challenge words
sublime
limelight
pastime
mistime
pantomime

5Write the most suitable list word in the gaps below:

As we entered the hallway, a clock was heard to chime softly.
The children walked from the marsh, covered with a strange green grime.
The increasing crime rate was slowed down by the hard work of the police force.

Word Knowledge

Prime means of the first importance. Keeping this in mind, explain the meanings of the following:

primary school first school
prime minister head minister
primitive first beginning

General Knowledge

1 What am I? I am an American coin worth 10 cents.
I am a dime.

2 What sort of machine was Dr Who's Tardis? A time machine.

3 What am I? I am a type of played songs usually based on a fairytale or nursery rhyme. I am a pantomime.

8 comments:

  1. Hey blue ms s said stay home until you feel better. so you can come but feel better.

    DRAGONFLY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue ms s said to do your week 5 spelling and if you have time but only if you have time do week 5 ok. Talk to you soon.




    DRAGONFLY

    ReplyDelete
  3. ms s said go on with your yellow book. This is a jock but ms s said finish your yellow book.


    DRAGONFLY

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello blue icecream rocks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - this is Ms S. JD is in our class and he was being taught how to do a comment. We had a class lesson on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Blue
    I hope you feel better and get well!!!
    S.Y:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Blue
    hope u get this comment and are able to come to school!!!
    S.Y:)

    ReplyDelete

This is like a jungle oh no its quicksand save me by writing a comment.